Metaphysical Meme and Precog Polyart

Welcome to my heart's desire. I started this journey in 2010. I've come to understand that no United States-based fan organization is currently operating--or if there is, it's well under the radar. Well, that's just wrong. So it is that I'm taking on the challenge of calling all fans and enthusiasts in the States to join me (yet again) in creating a new online group where we can discuss and share and show that yes, there is interest in the United States! If you would be interested in this new project, please contact me at ejconroy778@gmail.com and let's see what we can create!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

And So It Begins...

So I got a nice message from a fellow named Joe in Ireland about how we the fans can possibly network to bring Jean-Michel to the States.  I replied.

Hello Ireland!  My family is originally from Donegal.  You're lucky, indeed.   :)

As we've seen--especially this year--word of mouth and the use of social networks can change the world.  I agree completely that the way to make a concert/tour happen is to take the initiative ourselves.  Fortunately we're living in an age where communication and networking are better facilitated than ever.

Anyway, your message has gotten me thinking.  As fate would have it, I'm actually very familiar with the whole process of drumming up publicity and interest among my stateside neighbors.  I've done large-scale social networking with great results.  I'm also thinking that this year is the 25th anniversary of the Houston spectacular.  Now if we can introduce Jarre as the intriguing personality he seems to be (and the accent will have people swooning, no joke) in addition to the unparalleled music and amazing concert performances, I think we have something that will appeal not only to American fans, but to Americans who don't know they're fans yet.

At the moment I'm shopping around the idea as an arts and entertainment features article, which if I'm lucky enough could go national.  But we know that Internet press has about as strong of a presence in the media as anything in print, so I'm also looking to expand the effort online.  I suspect that there are many fans who haven't even thought of the role they could play.

But this is a worthwhile project, and it's something for which I'm willing to contribute my time and resources.  After all, in 1986 I was just a silly kid nowhere near Houston, even though I'd grown up with Jarre's music.  I'm also looking to make this happen for people who have been good to me and who would be over the moon about seeing Jarre live, even once--most notably my parents.

Thanks for getting me thinking.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always bear in mind the karmic bitchslap. Keep your comments relatively civil.